Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Introduction

The art of making something useful beautiful thrills me. Even the most mundane item can benefit from some clear thinking and experimentation.


Enter me, a curiosity stricken meddler in all things physical, raised a carpenter, trained in architecture, and enthralled by the act of creating and building, the opportunities to explore are endless. As I step into the world of blogs and digital self-expression I hope to preserve the homemade, hand-crafted qualities I have come to value. Even though it took some convincing, I thought it was time to share my ideas with a larger audience, as an effort to foster new, more ambitious creations for myself and hopefully inspire others in the process.


So for those of us with unusual, tight, awkward, or excessive space issues I present projects to help out if you ever find yourself "In A Spot". I will highlight some projects for this first post that I hope to elaborate on in the future. And by elaborate I mean how-to instructions, design background,sketches, photos, and full resource disclosure. Down the road I see this as a useful, tangible resource not an eye-candy blog.  Although the goal is to make beautiful objects, the purpose is to get your fingers off the keys and into the built world.


Here are some preview images...I hope you are curious to create, enjoy.


Wall mounted CD storage:  Detail


Media storage unit


Adjustable corded light holder

Collapsible desk w/movable shelf units



Large map/poster wall hanging system

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve! I dig the new blog and the new projects. Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete